Monday, May 3, 2010

Alaf Harami: Pisenlits!

They're everywhere!!! Les crisses de pisenlits! Dandelions, that is!
My dad likes to call them alaf harami in persian which translates to bastard herbs. Lol!

Today, I've decided to help him in the garden. I kid you not when I say that 75% of the garden's surface is covered with these bastard herbs! Hehehe. After 45 minutes of retrieving dandelions, I had an hypoglycemia and my dad, the worrywart that he is, told me to go inside and lay down. After 4 hours, my dad was forced to stop his activities because it started to rain outside. While getting my sugar boost, I was inspired to take some pictures.

It's harder than it looks. You need to have some upper body strength. We bought the actual tool to remove these flowers but it's no good. It shreds your soil and ruins the grass. My dad and I both agreed that his method is way better. Plus, since we are removing these flowers from the root, we are guaranteed that they won't grow back.

Enjoy the pictures!





My dad's hands hard at work.




Gotcha! From the root!


Our garbage pile.

Cheers until next time,
Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment